Thursday 21 July 2011

Commitment

I dreamed the start to my second novel!

Woke up and wrote it down and by Jove, it's good! Even if I do say so myself!

Don't you just love it when good ideas are simply given to you?

I had already started my second book.

Well, technically, I had already started my next three books. I have eight pages written of three separate entities, of which either one could be my follow up to Swan Song. This dream bestowed beginning has sealed the deal for me. I now know which one to work on.

I immediately wrote my publisher and told her I would have a full length, fully completed manuscript ready by the end of the year. If that doesn't sound to you like a short deadline, believe me, it is. I am sure anyone who has ever wrote a novel would agree with me.

So now, I must commit to it.

Like a man finally choosing the right woman, there is a clarity in my thoughts now in regards to the journey ahead. The commitment and passion I must bestow to this new love child fills me with dread, anxiety, excitement and faith.

So my notes fill up day by day as I tentatively progress past the eight page mark, my protagonist growing more interesting with every day and, most importantly, the antagonist, more so.

We aim for bigger, better, brighter, bolder. If not, why not?

I have already outlined my wishes for my second book in this blog numerous times, so I shan't go over them again. I have a feeling this blog may become VERY useful in the months to come.

Hold my hand as I go, won't you, dear followers?

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you!!! I'm still hoping the muses visit soon so I can start writing my third, Redeem! I've got some scenes in my head, but feel like they're flat.

    Loved Swan Song -- your writing is beautiful, Jev! Can't wait for #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon! I've been a bit lazy regarding my second book. Gaynor and me have been working on my 12 story collection but I feel I really need to focus on my second book now, what will be really my first FULL LENGTH novel. The collection is shaping up to be a beaut though! Gaynor's help has been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dream a lot of my ideas. My subconscious is obviously very talented. Only if I could just do it while I'm awake I would be impressed as well. Best wishes and keep having wonderful dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wake up and write it down, Regina! (That was the name of the really cool vampiress in Fright Night 2!) 'Ever heard of the balinese way of dreaming?' Quote from Mr Johnny Depp from A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984). That's what I do. Your rampant imagination, if you are destined to be a storyteller, will provide you with a plethora of ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete